The OpenBuilds Xtreme Mini V Wheel is part of the heavy duty Xtreme line of OpenBuilds parts, designed with strength in mind.
These Xtreme Mini V's are made from very hard polycarbonate (clear) material which, due to its strong nature, will resist compression and wear and, in turn, leads to better overall precision and strengh for your builds.
The Xtreme Wheels are designed to be used as a heavy duty alternative to the Delrin Wheels in applications such as CNC Routers/Mills where force and weight are introduced into the system. So, while the Delrin Mini V Wheels work great for most light load applications, the OpenBuilds Xtreme Mini Wheels can be used for builds where heavier loads are required and less compression in the delrin is desired.
Many of these wheels could be added to a gantry to allow for an even distribution of the load across them.
Each wheel is carefully milled for consistent high precision and tolerance.
- Material - Polycarbonate (clear)
- Dimensions 15.23 OD x 9.974 +/- 0.026 ID x 8.8 'thick'
- Rockwell Hardness M 75
- Compressive Strengh 86Mpa
IMPORTANT Only use silicone for lubrication on these polycarbonate wheels if needed. DO NOT use synthetic lubricating oils or cutting oils.
Each Wheel Kit Includes:
- (1) Xtreme Mini V Wheel
- (2) Mini V Bearings (V3)
- (2) Mini V 1mm Precision Shim
- (1) M5 Nylon Lock Nut
Also, be sure to grab the screws and spacers of your choice here:
- Low Profile Screw (25mm for use with 1/8" Plate and 30mm for 1/4" Plates with the exception of the C-Beam Gantry Plate & Mini V Plate which uses 25mm)
- Aluminum Spacers (choose between 6mm and 1/4")
- Eccentric Spacers (choose between 6mm and 1/4")
Note: Usually for a standard gantry plate you will need two Eccentric Spacers as well as two Aluminum Spacers
Download Model Examples